Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Critique on authors Facebook page.


I have been assign to view 3 authors on Facebook and critique one of the authors with a Facebook page.  I have decided to critique Veronica Roth. I heard of Veronica when I search for her book Divergent on my Kindle, this book came highly recommended to me.  Here is a link to Her Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Veronica-Roth/108433975887375?sk=wall
I have never been to her website or Facebook site before now.  Her Facebook page has a great photos of her, I especially like her profile Picture. Her profile picture was perfect her eyes weren’t looking at the camera. I like this because you get to see the real Veronica and not posed. Most sites of authors have photos that looked as if they are staged and not candid. Her pictures that she has on Facebook lets you see a piece of who she is and not someone that is being marketed to sell books.
Veronica seems to have a good following she has at least 5000 that like her Facebook account. She has been keeping up with her fans on her Facebook wall letting fans know what is going on with her and her book.  I like her Facebook account because it seems that she lets everyone know when news happens to her books and not someone that is representing her.   I will be visiting her page from now on just to keep track of any new books that maybe coming out, like her second installment of divergent called insurgent, can’t wait.
Here is a link to Her Facebook account, webpage and twitter account.

The other two sites I visited are Suzanne Collins of The Hunger Games and James Patterson of.  I liked all the pages that I have visited but Veronica page just caught my eye and I went with it.  I didn’t choose Suzanne webpage because she will be deleting it shortly. Her administrator the one who monitors the site is going to the air force and will no longer be able to monitor it. The good news is Suzanne is hoping to create a new one.  I liked James Patterson site a lot but again felt drawn to Veronicas. James has a profile picture of himself on his website but it was staged not candid. James has a private investigation sweepstakes, where you can win a trip to London for two.

 I know most of you are wondering why I didn’t choose him as my spot light author. I chose veronica Facebook page because it felt real. You felt as if you were on any other Facebook page and not someone that is trying to sell you something. You get to see who Veronica is through her pictures and her post

Here are the link to Suzanne Collins, if the page is still up and James Patterson.


No comments:

Post a Comment